Saturday, December 12, 2009

Yellow Envelope Project: North Carolina...Again!

If you are like the rest of America, you are spending more time than normal shopping in malls these days. That's what makes this week's Yellow Envelope Project recipient so timely.

Because this man shines, he took an otherwise mundane job (working in one of a million American malls) and used it to brighten the day of a single customer. Read below...
"I would like to nominate the nice man at the Tropical Juice Bar. I went there on Friday to redeem a free smoothie since my frequent card was full. He saw I was having a rough night and upgraded my small to a large without charging me. Yesterday, the boys and I had a few errands to run at the mall, so we stopped by to get a smoothie to share. (It's one of the sweet treats I can share with them due to food allergies!!!) The same guy was working. I ordered my small strawberry, pineapple, kiwi smoothie and asked for three straws. Instead, he gave me my smoothie and 2 more filled up half way for the boys...at no extra charge. It's nice to have someone recognize that the little things are what make people smile!"
A single gesture brightens the day of a single customer. That customer, in turn, nominates the Juice Bar employee to be selected for the Yellow Envelope Project. We send the employee a complimentary note and, in turn, our day is brightened.

That's how the Yellow Envelope Project works. It's worth every bit of the $0.43 and ten minutes it will take you.

The rules of play? Send a short note to the address below, letting him know that, small gestures like his make a big difference. Slip it in a yellow envelope or decorate a white envelope with yellow markers. Put "Yellow Envelope Project" in the return address. Mail early in the week (before the post office closes today is ideal, but I can settle for Monday or Tuesday).

Kate submitted our Juice Bar friend, but didn't know his name. You can either send as is... or maybe - just maybe - Kate will post today telling us if there is a better way to address our envelopes. If we don't hear from her, use what we have! Void of a name, I am guessing they will post them on a bulletin board in the back office. Then ALL the employees will read our gestures of kindness.

TROPICAL JUICE BAR
419 CROSS CREEK MALL,
FAYETTEVILLE, NC 28303

Signing off until Monday...

2 comments:

Danko Family said...

Morning everyone!

I still do not know the man's name :( I haven't been back to the mall since then. I'm sure they will appreciate the sweet gesture nonetheless!

Claudia @ Highlowaha said...

Thanks for checking in, Kate.

For those of you who checked in before 4:00 a.m. this morning, sorry we weren't up and running.

We had a technical difficulty. That's two days in a row.

It's official. We need to lay off the Egg Nog