Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Viva Las Vegas!

 LUCKY 777

Join me in Las Vegas as we "cash in" on my
LUCKY 7 BIRTHDAY
Also, Happy Birthday to 
T.Shay!

A quick recap.  Today - October 7 - I turn 43 (4+3 = 7) and, as Heather briefly mentioned it is my first year in our new lucky home 4012 (4+0+1+2 = 7).  With all these 7's working in my favor, a trip to Las Vegas was a little irresistible 

So here we go... Now Boarding for Las Vegas.  Today we'll do a little gambling.  Here's how it will go....

Three games, at three times throughout the day.
  • 10:00 a.m.: Craps.  In order to get in you have to do two things....  BY 10:00 a.m. (1)let me know you want to be at the table by typing in your name and saying, "I'm in," and (2) ante up by throwing in 1 of your favorite candy bar.  At 10:07, I will roll the die once for each person at the table.   If we have a lucky winner, all candy bars get sent to him/her.  If not... the house wins and they come to me at 4012 Harvestwood Court, Grapevine, Texas, 76051.  Winners also receive a Las Vegas patch for their Patchwork Denim.
  • 2:00 p.m. : Black Jack, otherwise known as 21.  Again, to get in on the fun you have to have made a post by 2:00 saying two things.  First, say "I'm in." Second, ante up by throwing in $2.10.  At 2:1o p.m.  I will deal each player their first card.  Once the first card has been dealt I will go back and deal the second card.  The person coming closest (without going over) to 21 will win.  If the house wins the money it will be donated to our Helping Hand family.  If a lucky player wins, you get the pot.  Winners also receive a Las Vegas patch for their Patchwork Denim.
  • 5:00: Slots.  You know the drill.  Get in on the fun by doing two things.  First, let me know you want to play by saying, "I'm in." Second.  Ante up one sheet of stickers for each time you want me to pull the lever on your behalf (i.e. three sheets of stickers = three pulls).  Maximum of five pulls.  Get three in a row and be the lucky recipient of a new sticker collection.  Winners also receive a Las Vegas patch for their Patchwork Denim.
Announcements:
  • THANK YOU!:  Imagine my surprise when I woke up this morning to make my post and I noticed Ray had come to visit, with birthday cake and balloons in hand!  Truly a thoughtful - the most thoughtful - gesture.  Thank you, everyone. It will have me smiling all day long.
  • Thank You, again:  I am a lucky, lucky person.  Yesterday I received a fun birthday card from Julie (made of wood!), a beautiful package of cards from Peggy, and a thoughtful card from Amy.  The day before I received a fun treat from Cristine, which I will open tonight at dinner.  I must also say, that a few weeks ago I received an extremely thoughtful treat from Maureen.  Maureen sent me a biography of Abraham Lincoln, in support of an item on my Bucket List (read a biography of each president).  A side note on that... Richard informed me I wouldn't make it through all the presidents, by the time, I die unless I read more than one a year.
  • It's a Gamble: Don't forget.  Today is the day we are playing a Prank on the United States Post Office.  Head to the post office and mail something naked (meaning not in a box or mailing envelope) to send T. Shay at 5600 Ostrom Avenue, Encino, CA 91316 (whose 40th birthday is today).  Then make a post telling us whether or not your were successful and what the experience was like.  My item was inspired by an empty barrel of pretzels.  I filled it with Monkeys linked together, reading "Hope your birthday was a Barrel of Fun."  In addition, I filled the barrel with leafy twigs and a banana.
  • Blog-a-thon: The ultimate birthday gift would be 70 (or even 7) new participants for our blog-a-thon.
I'm cashin' out...

No comments: