Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Fall Fest: "L" is for...

If you're just tuning in, you will be interested to know that the readers of Highlowaha are in the middle of Fall Fest.  We're spending the week celebrating all the things we've come to love about the fall season.  Guiding us through our tour is of favorites are letters...
F-A-L-L-F-E-S-T.  

Today is our final tribute to the letter "L."
 
L.L. Bean  

Lands End

Lattes

Lanterns... Jack-o-Lanterns

Hard to deny the excitement that comes with packing away summer clothes and putting on the first pair of jeans and the first blazer of the season.  I can't actually say I frequently order from L.L. Bean or Land's End, but I love the look of their clothes and I always imagine that if I ordered something from the catalog, I would look just as good as the models do when wearing the items.  Same with hair cuts, by the way.

Parenthetically... I considered using "Lighten your Load" as an "L" phrase for today.  I realize in talking to people about their fall favorites that quite a few of us use fall as a season for organizing our homes and purging ourselves of old belongings.  If you have an organizational tip you would like to share for storing summer clothes, or anything else for that matter, please feel free to share in the comment section.

Lattes... what more do I need to say about this?  You already know I love Starbucks.  This time of year is especially fun  because new flavors are debuted.  I think I heard someone order a Pumpkin Spice Latte yesterday and the Peppermint Latte will be revived soon enough for our holiday shoppers.  Today's post is dedicated to Nicole, whose generous treat that I received in the mail yesterday, paid for the latte I'm drinking this minute.

Finally lanterns... Jack-o-lanterns.  I ran across this short piece titled, The Mystery of the Jack O'Lantern.  If you're interested, check it out...  http://www.mysterynet.com/halloween/jack.shtml.
- OR - 
Consider this... Highlowaha will host its First Annual Pumpkin Carving Contest.  Carve and photograph your pumpkin in time to be shared with the rest of the community on Friday, October 31.  Pictures must be emailed to Katie at kkolkmeier@gmail.com.  Submit a pumpkin and earn a Pumpkin Patch (Get it?  Pumpkin patch?  Ha! Ha!) for your Highlowaha Patchwork denim (for more information, see post from 8/7 - titled, Patchwork).

Signing off until tomorrow...

No comments: