Friday, August 8, 2008

Welcome and Come on In...

At this point in the night, we've gathered, maybe had a cocktail, socialized, eaten dinner, and now we're sitting down to share a cup of coffee and laugh over our fortunes.  What does your say, by the way?

Mine?  Oh, let me tell you.  It's right here...

"Keep your feet on the ground even though friends flatter you."

And the rest of my family?...

Richard: "Face any problem with dignity."
Ricky: "Be careful!  Bees with honey in their mouths have stings in their tails."
Matthew: "You were born with a 'sixth sense' and superb insight."
Jack: "Soon you will be sitting on the top of the world."

(P.S.  These will be glued into the boys' scrap-journals as great keepsakes of tonight.)

Ha Ha, Maureen.  Very funny.  Yes, I know.  I know the whole thing about adding "in bed" to whatever your fortune reads.  It's still prime time though and families are tuned in, so we'll refrain.  

Don't be shy.  Share your fortune with us and maybe even tell us how you think it applies to what's going on in your life right now.  So curious am I to hear your fortunes, I have a prize to offer up.  Post your fortune and have everybody else at your dinner party post theirs.  Each of your names will automatically be included in a drawing for a... 

$40.00 gift certificate to P.F. Chang's China Bistro.    
and SO delicious is their Lettuce Wrap appetizer, I'll throw in a free appetizer too!
(Thanks to Missy at P.F. Changs for the donations)

The winner will be announced tomorrow morning.

Say "Cheese."  What kind of dinner party would this be if we didn't take some photos?  Take a second and snap a picture of you with your family or friends.  Send it to me via email (cbeeny@lslog.com) and tomorrow I'll post them all so you can see who else showed up at our virtual dinner party.

Get to the point?  Is that what you said, Heather?  I know, I know.  I did say I would make announcement about Highlowaha's Next Big Event.  Heather - our competitive friend - has been chomping at the bit since she first read the words... "10 Events, 10 Winners; 1 Champion!"  

So what is it I have to announce?  What next big event do I have in store for highlowaha?  Are you ready?  I need some build up... a drum roll... something.  Thanks J.B. and Drew.  I figured I could at least count on Cheryl's sons to make some noise.  Here we go... J.B.  and Drew, you drum roll, while I scroll down and lift the veil covering my announcement.  Ready?  One, two, three...
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
LIFT....

Introducing the First Ever
Highlowaha
D*E*C*A*T*H*A*L*O*N!
10 Creative Events over 10 Fun-Filled Days
Monday, August 11-Friday, August 22 

That' right.  We, the readers, are going to have the chance to compete in our own Olympics of sorts.  We'll celebrate creathletes in a series of events.  
Gather your paper and pens
Stretch your imaginations
Warm up your glue guns...
THE FUN IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!

Tune in tomorrow for more Decathalon Details

On your mark, get set...


No comments: