Monday, October 26, 2009

Double Ds

Delicious and Decadent. Double D all the way. That's what I'm talking about, baby!

Today's post is compliments of Jen, celebrity judge for Highlowaha's Super Bowl Snack Throwdown. Weeks ago, Jen challenged her blog readers to submit a pink recipe in the Power for Pink Challenge, by Saturday, October 31, in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

I'm no baker, and even less of a chef, but I recognize fun when I see it and Jen's challenge immediately sounded up my alley. A community of readers using their creativity to be socially conscious.... If blogs could shine, it would be for reasons such as that!

I'd like to say I toiled for weeks over which recipe to use, but my decision happened within minutes. It went something like this...
Claudia: "Diana (trusted colleague and Martha Stewart's greatest rival), what recipe could I make that is pink?"
Diana: "Oh, I don't know. What about turning Bakerella's infamous cake balls into breasts?"
Claudia: "Perfect. Done. Diana, whose Bakerella and do you have her cake ball recipe?"
If I had the crafting expertise of Diana the boobquet would be as beautiful as it is delicious. But, since I am no expert baker, I should at least have the crude wit of someone like Mr. Struble, owner of Struble Suds. That way, what my boobquet lacked in aesthetics, it could make up for in humor.

Alas, I am neither artisan nor comedian.

How about you?

Tell me what pink recipe you might have cooked up or... give me the best zinger you've got about my creation.

Signing of until tomorrow...

13 comments:

Robin said...

Of course my mind is trying to think of something to do this with that does NOT involve baking...

Heather @ HouseofShine.com said...

Robin you could totally do a "boobquet" made out of paper or felt or foam board...

Wouldn't it be great for World Breastfeeding Week?

I don't know if I can top a "boobquet" that is pretty catchy!

Cheryl Houston said...

Checking in quickly as I have a lot on my plate this morning. Those boobs were a lot cuter in person and they were quite tasty! That photo of mine does not do them justice.

I'll think more on what else could be done and come back after lunch.

Kat said...

I first saw your picture and thought "Oh no! Those flowers she made look just like boobs!" So, I think that's a good thing.
My mom makes a pizza dip recipe with cream cheese, pizza sauce and some other stuff. It freaks people out a bit because it is pink and tastes like pizza, but it is delicious.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pizza-Dip/Detail.aspx

Cristine said...

I'll leave the comment for your boobiequet to Matt

For Matt's 40th b-day I made boobie cupcakes. I have a mold that looks like boobs. I decorated them and they looked like boobs. I made 40. I think that there's a picture on our website.

Jen said...

These made me laugh. Too cute. Thanks for participating in my challenge. It's fun to see all the entries coming in.

Peggy said...

Licking cancer one boob at a time!

Katie said...

I am still laughing after seeing these! Good work, CKB!

I can't wait to read what Matt has to say.

Claudia @ Highlowaha said...

Oh Peggy, good one!

beekayroot said...

I would have done chocolate covered pretzels, but somehow tried to turn white chocolate pink.

Chaotic Kristi said...

Peggy...that is my fave...
as I am "kitchen challenged", I would have taken strips of pink taffy & folded into ribbons & then glued w/pink sugar frosting onto paper plates so I could wear like a bikini top... then sold bites for a buck apiece... hands free... teeth only.. LOL.

Peggy said...

There are lots of cute 'boob' cards out there on card makers' sites.

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1271670?&si=boob%20card

Cheryl Houston said...

How about boob cupcakes?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rkbcupcakes/2944843226/

That's just probably one of thousands that are out there.

This summer we 4 girls and 1 boy floated the Guadalupe and we called it Boobs in Toobs. :)

HA HA! And Chaotic! Two of my friends took me on a Bachelorette night and they made me a shirt with individually wrapped life savers taped on it and it said Suck for A Buck on it! It was a fun night. ha. ha. Convert it into a fundraiser with a pink shirt and all pink lifesavers. Who's going out with me Saturday night? I still have some funds to raise for the walk!