Tonight is an opportunity for us to spend a few minutes with new and old friends, made in our virtual community over the past ten months. The Festival of Lights allows us to get a peak inside one another's homes and feel - if only for a moment - that we are part of each other's holiday traditions.
Make yourself a cup of cocoa, sit back and enjoy the short slide show of your friends Christmas trees. You might also take a second to view the slide show of wrapped Christmas ornaments, so you can identify the one you would most like to select.
Then, sign in by making a post and let us know you're out there. At 8:15 p.m. (CST), after you've had time to "ooh" and "aahhh," everyone who submitted a photo of an ornament, will begin the Ornament Exchange.
Didn't submit a photo of your tree or an ornament? No worries. You can still join our party, by posting comments.
See you in a few...
The How-tos of Tonight's Ornament Exchange
- To participate in tonight's Exchange, you must have already submitted your photo to Katie.
- Make sure you have posted a comment letting us know you are here.
- View the slide show of ornaments to determine which you would most like to select.
- You will be randomly assigned a number which will determine the order in which we will select ornaments.
- Like Pirate Bingo, ornaments are allowed to be "stolen" three times by other participants, before the ornament becomes "out of play."
- Person #1 will select the numbered ornament she wants (in tonight's case it is all "shes"), by making a post in the comment section. You are deciding exclusively on packaging, which is one more reason we must accept that "packaging is everything."
- Person #2 will decide if she wants to select a different package or if she wants the package you have. She will post her choice in the comment section.
- Refresh your screen periodically, so you can be sure you are a viewing the most up-to-date exchanges (Refresh button should be in the top left hand corner of your computer).
- Remember, packaged ornaments may be stolen three times before they are out of play.
- The Exchange will continue until all 9 of us has selected an ornament.
- Tune in tomorrow morning for the final slide show, unveiling which ornament you won.
- Click on the comment section now to see who goes first...