Thanks for engaging with me this week to wrap up details from week's prior and to look ahead at exciting things to come.
Before I open the floor for Free For All Friday - the day you get to talk about, brainstorm, or get input on any topic you want - I have few quick announcements and a couple of Free For All Topics of my own.
- Focus Group Winners: As promised... I drew five names of people who participated in yesterday's day long focus group (one person for each question posed). And the winners are: Round #1 = Nicole; Round #2: Kelly; Round #2 (since I didn't post at 9:00) = CSPgrad; Round #4 = Heather; and Round #5 = Peggy.
- Make Your Mark: Many of your suggestions for what to do with the excess markers were excellent. Our approach will be a compilation of proposals. Details will be forthcoming.
- R.S.V.P. A.S.A.P.: I think we have a commitment from Heather, Katie and Cassie to host the first three Highlowaha Parties. Heather will take the month of November when she and her friends will celebrate a week of creative notions for maintaining friendships from a distance. Cassie, suggested the idea of hosting a baby shower for Melanie. Kelly from Montana chimed in sharing her exciting news, affirming that we're onto something with the whole baby shower idea. Any others out there? This would make a great topic for January when we ring in a new year. Cassie, Melanie, Kelly... can you muster up a few more pregnant mothers who might want to join our party? Katie, that leaves December for you. Any ideas about which circle of friends you want to invite?
- It was a Dark and Stormy Night: We will embark on a highlowaha-blog-a-thon on Friday, October 24 in order to raise money for our Helping Hand holiday family. We will need 96 people to claim a fifteen minute block of time. And, during that time we will be co-authoring a scary Halloween story. It isn't too early to begin thinking about what block of time you would like to claim or to think about who you will invite to participate along with us. Lurkers, we NEED you!
- First, today we must vote on the secret ingredient for the showdown between Nicole and Julie in this week's Countdown to the Superbowl Throw Down. This week we are choosing between...
Mustard vs. Vanilla
- Second, what are your predictions for this Sunday's Green Bay game... Green Bay or Tampa Bay? Remember, the person who comes closest to guessing the final score earns a gold star patch for his/her Patchwork denim.
- Third and finally... share some of your simple ideas about how to celebrate Sunday's National Good Neighbor Day.