Thursday, June 19, 2008

Calm Before the Storm

Yes, this is it.  Today marks the beginning of Pen Pal Weekend!  I have been anticipating this day for almost a year.  It was last June when I connected up two very special girls as pen pals (see March 4, Dear Mr. Postman...).  I did so with this caveat...  Exchange 12 pieces of snail mail each and earn a weekend in Dallas.  Twenty-four pieces of mail later, here we are on the eve of the big weekend.  CSPgrad.student and I have been cruising the town pulling together all the final details (Tera, it feels a little like coordinating a wedding).  I fully expect to do a full recap of the weekend on Tuesday (June 24), the day after everyone shoves out of town.

Until then... suffice it to say, there hasn't been a whole lot of time to lie on the grass, staring up at clouds.  However, due to a VERY unfortunate set of circumstances - on which I will someday report - I did have the opportunity to pause and take this picture.  I'll tease you by revealing that the picture was taken last week (Friday the 13th, to be exact) at an RV lot on the side of the road, about 17 miles outside of Austin. 

Knowing that the next few days will be very hectic, let's pay heed to Cheryl... "Deep breaths, happy thoughts."  Take a moment to relax, stare up into this cloud and tell me... what do you see?

Signing off until tomorrow when we will be tie-dying, painting pots, visiting Fort Worth, enjoying a late night swim, eating smores, and maybe - just maybe - hittin' the hay around... midnight.

No comments: