It's Free For All Friday! Cheryl here and today I want to share with you some of my favorite things in hopes that maybe you will share some of your own. The things that I love along with some new things that I want to keep fresh in my mind and use at a later date.
1. Paper lanterns- I don't own one but I've always loved the look of them. I want to run out and purchase one of every color and every size and throw several parties in different themes... orange, white and black for Halloween. All white for a cocktail party by the pool. Pink, blue, and yellow for a baby shower. You get the picture.
2. Along with the paper lanterns I have fallen in love with the styling's of Fabric Bunting... I've always seen these in the solid color vinyl ones and eh- they didn't do so much for me but lately I've seen them in these great vintage fabrics and I'm telling you, it's LOVE! Just google fabric bunting- you'll fall in love, too.
3. Cotton Candy reminds me of being a kid. Whenever I see it at an event all fluffy and pink on it's white paper stick I know I have to have it. And I let me boys have their own, too. I love how their fingers and faces get all sticky with it. I'm also partial to rock candy.
4. Pepperoni Pizza- my comfort food. Growing up we had a pizza oven and my mom could always tell when I felt better after being sick because I would cook up a Tony's frozen pepperoni pizza and eat the whole thing by myself! Oh, the days of eating whatever you wanted and still being skinny!
5. The single greatest invention- the iPod! You couldn't record a record or 8 track tape but then cassettes came along and the Mix Tape was invented. Then the Mix CD I guess but he iPod puts all those to shame! You can have list after list of music. My iPod is filled with country to rock to cheesy 80's and other oldies to blues and jazz. I have my workout mix, my mello mix, and so on. Music- it makes me feel good.
6. Blueberry Stack Cake is the cake that me dear ex-mother-in-law would make for everyone of my birthdays and it is divine! I haven't had it since I've been divorced but this year for my 40th birthday I am determined to bring it back into my life. I even have the recipe.
7. The Starbucks Caramel Macchiato is the perfect mix of coffee. Breakfast of champions!
8. Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series has provided an escape like no other. Time travel, romance and historical adventure sweeps me away time and time again. These books are long and involved so whenever she has a new book coming out (and she has another one coming out in the fall) I start re-reading the series so I can remember all the details.
9. Not all sandals are made alike but I like them all. There's nothing better than a cute pair of sandals and pretty pedicure to make a girl feel special. I realize I maybe girlier than others but I may transform you yet. Okay, maybe not any guys reading but maybe you have a favorite pair of shoes, like your golf shoes or something.
10. These boys are the best gift my ex ever gave me. I remember holding Drew in the glow of his blue cloud lamp in the middle of the night thinking, "How in the world can someone love another person this much?" The weight of his tiny body and that enormous love always makes me cry. And I love the second one just as much.
I didn't even mention my favorite beer, my favorite restaurant, my favorite stores to shop at and so on and so on. It's endless, isn't it?
Today is Free For All Friday and so feel free to share your favorites or any other topic that you would like the brains of this readership to give you some tips on.
Signing off until tomorrow...