Saturday, November 8, 2008

I.O.U.

We arrived in New York in the afternoon yesterday.  Lunch, a run for baby essentials, and a birthday visit with Aunt Duckie (my sister Ellen) constituted the better part of our day.  Of course I'm not going into the gory details of rooms being torn apart top to bottom, trips to the attic in search of special treats, or boys wandering around the house at all hours of the night soaking in the thrill of being in all new digs - with unlimited nooks and crannies worth exploring.

But, we're in New York.  I can't in my good conscience travel all the way to New York and have the most creative thing I report on be about the centerpiece at last night's dinner.

I'm requesting an I.O.U.  That is to say, I want some more time.  Here's what I am proposing. Rather than conform to the scheduled Saturday morning post, I will use Saturday to survey the city for some of the most creative things I see.  Then, I will make my post sometime on Sunday.

Leave a message letting me know you're out there and be in the running to win an "I Love N.Y." t-shirt.  For some added fun, consider typing in New York lingo.  If we can talk like pirates, surely we can talk like New Yawkers. 

That's it.  Signing off until later tomorrow...

No comments: