Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Blog-a-thon Hangover!

Announcements at the end.

I suddenly jolted awake from a deep sleep this morning and was immediately relieved to remember that Dorothy and Tramp were not real.  Phew, just a very well done scary story co-authored by a very able and creative group of bloggers

Thank you to all 23 of you who helped make yesterday's blog-a-thon work.  It was a great success... on a couple of levels.  Not only were the story's twists and turns suspenseful, but it was fun, and will have raised upwards of $345.00. 

Special thanks to Susan, the excellent writer who got our story off to a perfect start.  Anybody who has ever aspired write KNOWS that putting the first words to paper is the hardest most nerve wracking part.  She handled it like a pro.  Thanks also to Treye - our closer - who took our individual thoughts and masterfully pulled them together for a strong finish.  And yet... in doing so, he left the door open for a Blog-a-thon sequel!  Well done, Treye! 

And, while some of us were busy authoring a scary story, Peggy was busy authoring this morning's blog post... without even knowing it.

Peggy posed such a fun and refreshing string of questions yesterday morning, that I can't resist reprinting them.  Yesterday was a lot of work, so this feels like the perfect deep breath.  Take a shot at answering Peggy's string of questions and let's see what creative ideas we can generate!
"Where is some juicy Hollywood gossip, who's going to the Superbowl... has everybody been naughty or not so nice?  What can we be thankful for!  2009 is just around the corner!!  Have you seen all the cookie pictures on the women's magazines at the check out?  Who's found anything is in a $1 bin??"
Here's my crack at it...

Juicy Hollywood gossip... yikes, not my thing, but I'll take a shot at it.  Today is Maria Shriver's birthday (I wonder who she's eating lunch with); Going to the Super Bowl will be Dallas and Green Bay (again, not my area of expertise); Nice!; I'm thankful for my health, my family and friends, watching my boys grow up, and having the chance to do what I love; My mother in law just delivered a Family Circle Magazine to my house and it has all kinds of cookies on the cover.  I most excited to try the Coconut Snowballs; love the tins and containers in the Target $1 bin.  I've already picked up a few to package some kind of holiday treat for deserving people. 

Announcements:
  • Patchwork Denim: Remember to send me the front page of your local paper, along with some kind of proof - anything - that you voted.  The combination of both earns you an "election" patch for your Patchwork Denim.  Don't know what I'm talking about?  Check out the post from 8/7, titled Patchwork
  • Blog-a-thon Update:  Writers, thanks again for your time yesterday.  Ideally I will be able to send Tera the total sum of money raised for the Helping Hand family, one week from tomorrow (11/14).  Please mail whatever money you raised through sponsorships to Claudia K. Beeny at 4012 Harvestwood Court, Grapevine, TX 76051.
Signing off until tomorrow...

No comments: