Saturday, January 2, 2010

Yellow Envelope Project: Florida

Start 2010 off right. Make a resolution that you'll join this committed group of readers in carrying out our Yellow Envelope Project. The rules of play are easy.

Each Saturday I submit the name of someone who shines in his or her corner of the world. Their contribution might not be massive - no fifteen minutes of fame, no feature on the Today Show, no write up in the newspaper, and no fancy award presented or statue is erected. What makes these people shine is their willingness to improve their corner of the world while expecting no recognition.

Take five minutes to write a short note, thanking our recipient for making her corner of the world a brighter place. Place your note in a yellow envelope (or a white one, decorated with yellow markers). Print the words "Yellow Envelope Project" in the return address and be sure to mail it sometime before another name appears next week. Then, sit back knowing your gesture will work some magic.

Recent news coverage of happenings in Afghanistan and Pakistan are unfortunate reminders that our soldiers are still in harms way. Please join me in honoring today's recipient, Kristin. Kristen, together with her friends, is doing her part to make a difference in the lives of our overseas soldiers.
She is awesome, Kristin and her friends have become involved in Operation: Baking Gals in recent months and bake for soldiers oversees monthly. She loves sending mail to friends and family to brighten their days, so being selected would make her month.
Kristin's address is...

Kristin
5400 26th St. W Unit I-138
Bradenton, FL 34207

And, for a little icing on the cake... feel free to send us an email to info@highlowaha.com nominating someone you think is deserves to be recognized through Highlowaha's Yellow Envelope Project. All we need is a first name, and address, and a short paragraph explaining what makes your nominee shine!

Signing off until Monday.

4 comments:

Peggy said...

Oh, we can't have a day go by without a comment!!!

Thank you Claudia and ladies of HLA for bringing inspiration, fun and creativity to my life this past year. I really enjoy hearing everyone's comments to the topic at hand and have learned so much. What a nice place to start my day.

Enjoy!

Claudia @ Highlowaha said...

Hey, Peggy and everyone else. Thanks for the comment.

I agree Highlowaha is a fun place to start each day!

Today is a sunny day in Dallas and we are working around the house to recover from the holidays and from our travels.

Katie said...

Peggy...I agree that it's nice to have such a stable routine for each morning and to have nice network of friends greet each other every day! My routine has been off a lot lately with this break at home, but I'm looking forward to a stable routine when I return to VA in just a few days.

heather said...

I too have been out of routine but am sure it will hit me like a ton of bricks come Monday morning when it is back to the grind.
I must admit that I have missed it though.

My YEP envelope is on the way to Florida!