But, they also took a leap of faith. Heather sent a random email inviting approximately 50 food bloggers to participate. Of the 50, only four foodies were courageous enough to delve into the unknown, to try something new, and to entertain the possibilities that could come from engaging with a new community of people.
Lauren, Sarah, Kate, Jen and Katie ... you are one of us. You are adventurous, open to creative possibilities, and are hopeful about the serendipitous fun that can occur when you take a chance. Welcome. We hope you'll stick around, no matter the outcome of today's voting. You'll grow to love us and I suspect we will feel the same about you.
Now to the business of today's voting.
Below is a recap of each woman's name, the state from which she hails, the web address for her food blog, and her 6-word paragraph. Review each submission then...
- Go to email@example.com and send an email stating which TWO food blogs you would like to see compete in the Super Bowl Snack Throw Down.
- Solicit a friend, or two, who will vote by tonight, Wednesday, August 5, at midnight CST. Lauren, Sarah, Kate, Jen and Katie ... it's "legal" for you to muster up your own support.
- Tune in this Friday, August 7, when we announce the lucky winners and when we "Free For All" your suggestions for this season's secret ingredients.
- Tune in every day, but be especially ready on Friday, August 28. We will officially kick-off the season by voting for the first round of secret ingredients.
Here we go:
"My favorite season: Fall = Football + Food"
"Food plus football equals fabulous time."
"Pick me to make yummy snacks."
"Military wife who makes HOO-AH snacks."
"Mom who plagiarizes budget friendly foods."
Impressive group, huh? Nice job recruiting, Heather.
I've been forgoing daily announcements in an effort to keep posts short and manageable...especially for first-time-viewers. But, today I feel the need to make a few.
- Make a comment in the comment section at any point during the week and your name gets entered in the Altoid table, for a drawing this Friday.
- If you think this is fun, you WILL want to tune in next week for our three-day Creativity Triathlon. Three days (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday), three events. First place wins $100.00; Second place wins $50.00; and third place wins $25.00.
- Did anyone else catch Cristine's proclamation that Struble Suds is going to host a Dine By Design Gift of 218 Fundraiser in September? Dine by Design Struble Suds Style! I can't wait to see! Now we just need one of our foodies to show us how it's really done!
There is too much going on today to engage in our traditional Whack on the Side of the Head activity. Wanna make a comment? Revisit the past by celebrating Whacky Wednesday. Tell us something whacky about your Wednesday.
Signing off until tomorrow...