Saturday, February 14, 2009

Psst...

Amoray
Like a big pizza pie.....that's amoray.  Love is in the air and yours truly is on cloud nine.  This cute little low wattage thing from the little Italian place around the corner has taken a shine to me.  I'd still be with her but once again Claudia has disappeared and left all the work to me.  What is it with her and holidays.  I've got a reputation to uphold.  If word gets out that I left her Marsala when she was just starting to get all hot and flicker, Ill be ruined.  What was I thinking.  Oh my god, I've got to go back!

Alright, let's make this quick people.  There's still a chance.  Here's the deal.  I'm supposed to make sure that you wrap up some unfinished business then I can go wrap up some of my own.

First:  Recipes for the cookbook.  Not just any recipe.  Not some random Wednesday night throw it one pot and be thankful there isn't a big mess to clean up recipe.  But something with spirit.  In fact the Spirit of 218.  What recipes have special meaning?  What's the story behind it and why is it worthy?  You know like Julie's Championchip bake off cake.  That cake would not have tasted nearly so good had it not been so carefully mixed, baked and decorated then placed in a box, tossed about like a frisbee, kicked by the mailman, sniffed by the dog, shaken by curious kids and then finally poured lovingly into a bowl and served.  Capture that in a recipe.

Last:  Tell us what your Valentines plans are.  I think you know where I'm headed.  What are you up to?

Amoray Out.

No comments: