This will give us an opportunity to learn new details about each other which we may not already know, and will also provide a great opportunity for new readers to introduce themselves for the first time. For a bean counter like me, this gives perfect insight into the random and sometimes most important facts about you as a member of the Highlowaha community. So, without any further ado, here are my 18 random facts:
- My favorite sweet cereal is Captain Crunch (I feel the need to share this after Claudia's sweet cereal analogy yesterday).
- I am one of three children. I occupy the middle child spot sandwiched between an older and younger brother.
- I was born in a hospital in Cincinnati, Ohio. Yes, that means I am from Ohio.
- I have proof on my birth certificate to validate #3.
- I once suffered a knee injury because my older brother triple dog dared me to ride my bike on the ice after a snow storm. Who backs down from that?! Not I!
- I have a life goal to go sky diving- I have plans to make that happen in April of this year.
- I am sarcastic to the core. It is one of life's small consistencies that you can always count on from me.
- I would wear flip flops year round if I could. I have been known to wear them on a January day simply because my feet cannot stand being locked away in closed shoes any longer.
- I have travel fever. Ever since studying abroad in the fall of 2007, I cannot stand to be in one place for too long.
- Turning on my music and spending a day cleaning my apartment are what keep me at ease these days.
- I love peanut butter. The combination of peanut butter and chocolate together are my idea of heaven on Earth.
- Trying one new thing every day is what keeps life interesting. Variety is the spice of life, after all.
- The thought of having and raising children terrifies me.
- The main attraction of my apartment is my shelf of packaging supplies, paint, Sharpie markers, ribbon, stickers, and all things glue. I would have it no other way.
- I love the work that I am doing as a Hall Director. Even in the moments when I get a wake up phone call at 3 am because there is an issue in the building, I still love helping students learn, change, and grow.
- I am a total night owl. I could stay up all night long with no problem, but getting up can be pretty hard for me. I get that from my dad. When we would take family vacations in the summers, we would always drive at night so we could sleep. The funny part is I would never sleep- I'd just stay awake talking to my dad and being in charge of the radio.
- I am currently growing out my hair to donate to Locks of Love.
- I want to learn a second language- Spanish, I think.
Now it's your turn! What 18 random facts, habits or goals are you going to share with us today? Hopefully you've learned a few new things about me and I hope to do the same with each of you!
A few announcements:
- Email Subscription: As our Cruise Director, Cheryl, mentioned in the comment section of yesterday's post, there is now a feature on the blog to subscribe to highlowaha.com via your email address. Check out the new feature on the sidebar of the blog to the right. There is a spot that says: Subscribe via email. Enter your email address. Feedburner will then send you an email to confirm you want to receive the emails. Click the link in your email and you will begin receiving Highlowaha updates in your email box every day! As of this morning, we have 11 people subscribed to receive updates in their email box. Our goal is to have a total of 25 community members subscribed by Sunday evening. Go subscribe now! You're guaranteed to never miss a new post again!
- Patchwork Fashion Show: Announcing our first patch yielding event of the new year! For those newcomers, first a brief introduction to patchwork. In July of 2008, Highlowaha began our own patchwork system via some inspiration from the Girl Scouts of America. Members of our community have designated a piece of denim (apron, purse, jeans, jacket) to be their piece of patchwork denim. Some events in this community are deemed patch yielding and participation in these events will earn you a patch for your patchwork denim. Such events thus far have been the tree lighting ceremony and gift exchange, pumpkin carving, SuperBowl, and many others. For those of you with a piece of patchwork denim already in your possession and adorned with some great patchwork, we will have a Highlowaha Patchwork Fashion Show on Thursday, February 26. To participate in this event, take a photo of your patchwork denim and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 pm on Wednesday, February 25. For those of you with patches in your possession but not yet adorned to a piece of denim... there is no time like the present! All those participating in this event will earn a "2nd year" patch marking your participation in the second year of this great community!
Signing off until tomorrow...