Monday, April 20, 2009

It's a Cupcake, It's a Brownie, It's a Cookie... NO!

It's a Cupbrowookie!!! What's wrong with that name, Ray? And they are so delicious and yummy my stomach is growling just at the thought of them. They are the best brownie-cookie-cupcake I have ever tasted. I don't care what you call them as long as you agree with me that they are DELICIOUS!!!

Here is what you need:

(Preheat your oven to 350 degrees)

Betty Crocker Original Supreme Brownie Mix

Betty Crocker Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix

Aren't my helpers cute?
Mix them according to Betty's instructions
Now, here's where it can vary. I wanted mine to look pretty and when I made them in the 13 x 9 pan the first time I had trouble getting them out of the pan and still look appealing so I went with the cupcake method this time around. It's more work to do it in the cupcake pan but they look oh, so cute when put in basket.... just wait....

But, on with what I did here: put a spoonful of brownie mix in each cup followed by a spoonful of cookie dough mix. I wanted to make more and not have them over the top of the paper so the frosting would just sit down in the cup and not drip over the side.
Throw them in the oven and bake about 12-15 minutes.
They'll look like these below:
Yummmy!!!

  • From here you can use a pre-made frosting or the frosting that comes with the brownie but my favorite is to make a chocolate ganache. Let the cupbrowookies cool completely. When they're cool make the ganache. Here's the recipe:

    Chocolate Ganache
  • 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate morsels (I don't follow directions very well. I think I used milk chocolate morsels. Still delicious.)
  • 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
  • 6 Tbsp butter
  • Heat cream and butter until just before boiling in a small sauce pan. Pour the heated mixture over the chocolate morsels in a separate bowl. Stir until smooth.
Go ahead and whip that up (and just forget about the fat and calories. I did. They're worth it. I promise.) and spoon it over the top of all the cupbrowookies. If you're just using the large pan it's super easy just to pour it on top.
Add some cute sprinkles.
These make the perfect serving size!! I wrapped all of mine individually in Saran Wrap with some cute brown and pink curling ribbon. I added cute little chick cupcake toppers on some of them. Arranged them in cute basket from Target. Wrapped that in cellophane with a homemade recipe card and voila! Cute, inexpensive Easter baskets for our friends to enjoy!

So, you see, Ray... they are a cupcake, a brownie and a cookie. Say it with me.... Cup-brow-ookie. Cupbrowookie! They sound like something that you would enjoy while at Summer Camp. Ooh, what if we deleted the cookie and added marshmallows and gramah crackers? Then what would they be? And, one last question while I have you... do you like your brownies more fudge like or more cake like? Don't forget- leave a comment and Ray will have a drawing to give away the brownie pan.

Nerds Unite!

Signing off until tomorrow...

6 comments:

Kat said...

YUM! That looks incredible!I love fudgy brownies. Cake-like is good too, but the gooey ones are perfect with a glass of cold milk.

Cheryl Houston said...

Milk! Oh yum! A cupbrowookie with a glass of milk... you got that right, Kat!

eknoxuk said...

I'm a gooey, fudgey fan! These ingredients are going on my grocery list!

Katie said...

I'm also a gooey, fudgey fan!!! And with a cold glass of milk, yum...sounds so good right now!

Claudia @ Highlowaha said...

I like gooey brownies, BUT... I really love edges! I am an edge girl. If I could have it my way, I'd eat the entire perimeter of the brownie pan!

Nice going on the post, Cheryl. Your photos look professional! Bakerella look out!

Heather said...

It is after 10 so I should SO be asleep but I'm going to say gooey brownies all the way!!!!

Oh and the Cupbrowookies are DELISH!!!
Lily adored them (and so did Mommy)!