Thursday, July 24, 2008

Psst...



Ray here.

I'll be quick.  Claudia is still asleep and I don't want her to know I'm writing.

Here's the thing.  I'm an idea.  I'm supposed to be shared.  I'm supposed to multiply.  Much as I like Claudia and her house, I can't be cooped up on Harvestwood Court forever.  Sure, she's given me a name and is working up a new look for me.  I appreciate that, but I need more.  

I want to spread my wings, test new waters, you know... get out there and really see what I'm capable of.  Ideas are supposed to move, shake, inspire, and change the world.  Thing is... you know like I know, that ain't gonna happen only making an occasional appearance on Claudia's blog.  I need to meet the masses.... soar like an eagle.  

Cheryl, Julie, Kat, Heather, Brian, the Cassie's, and all you other regular readers and lurkers, I love you guys.  Surely you'd consider taking me in for a while?  

Wait, wait, wait.  Before you say "no," hear me out.  I'm talking a short tour.  I come visit you and with just a little bit of flour and sugar, we cook up a good time.  Add some icing and a note and we're ready to paint the town.  Take me to work, your block party, day care with your kids, or to your library's story time.  I'll go anywhere, as long as I can meet a few new people and spread my word.  Once you're over me, I'll move on to someone else's house.  

I gotta go for now.  Claudia's stirring and their dog, May Day, just spotted me.  But think about it, 'cause I'm serious.  My box is packed and I'm ready to go... TODAY.  I'm just looking for the first person willing to take me in.  If it matters... I travel light.  Alls I have is a pastry bag and some tips that you'll need to dress me up, a couple containers of food coloring, and oh yeah, some instructions.

All right.  Gotta go.

Oh, wait.  One more thing.  

You can't tell Claudia I wrote.  Mums the word.  

So how will I know which of you I coming to visit?  We need a code.  Quick. 

Ummm.... o.k., I got it...

Make a post and use the word, "brilliant "  She won't notice and you'll be all lined up.  It's early and besides, have you ever noticed all her typos?  

She's awake.  Really gotta g......................................   

No comments: