Friday, July 25, 2008

Free For All Friday: Taste of USA Finale!

A few notes and then we'll open the lines for our weekly Free for All Friday idea-swapping  and Taste of USA voting.

First, I suspect/hope we will have a lot of new readers trafficking our site today, due to Taste of USA voting.  In the event I am correct...  Welcome newcomers.  Hopefully you'll do more than just drop by.  Hopefully you'll decide to hang out with us for a few weeks and see what all the fun is about.  With a little luck you won't want to leave and, for some of you... we might even have to solicit help in weaning you off our community.

I'm feeling in the dark.  I haven't seen Ray since yesterday and now all I have is this short note that he's left behind.  The note says something about Cassie, Julie, Stacie, Maureen, awiniowa, and Nicole (in that order) being "brilliant" readers and... "...don't bother leaving the light on for me."

Taste of USA Voting Today!  It's easy.  Click on the Taste of USA icon in the top right hand corner of my blog.  You will immediately be greeted by Cheryl and Katie who will direct you to the comment section so you can brag about "what your state's made of."  Voting polls will close at 9:00 EASTERN standard time.  The winning state wins a fun-filled afternoon with Claudia and Cheryl AND will be announced on Saturday morning.

New highlowaha Feature.  This feature is compliments of my mother in law who made the suggestion.  Each Friday I will provide a short preview of reasons to tune in next week and on Saturday I will do a brief (I mean brief) recap of the week.  It will take a few weeks for me to get the hang of it, so bear with me.  Coming up next week... Taming the Paper Tiger, Whacking Wednesday, One Last Hoorah, and Friends.  Not the best, most compelling lead-in to the week, but I like the element of surprise.  This will take some getting used to.  Let me know what you think of the idea

Free for All Fun... Yesterday Nicole asked for fun ways to entertain kids on a long car ride.  Today let's brainstorm some additional solutions.  Also, what's something for which you would like fresh ideas?  Let us take a crack at it.

Now with no further ado...  Let the Taste of USA voting begin and the Free-for-All-ing commence.

Signing off until tomorrow...

No comments: