Friday, February 5, 2010

Yellow Envelope Project: Superbowl Edition

You want to send a Yellow Envelope to someone who shines?

Send it to me:

Ray Wattson
House of Shine
Apt. #218
Anytown, USA
I'm freaking Raydiculous! This isn't going to be a Throw-down. It's going to be a Beat-down. Introducing.....FritoRay's Superbowl Two Bean Lettuce Wraps - homage to lettuce wraps with a little Texas flair.

The best part about this dish? No cooking. Well, that's not true. It wouldn't be the Superbowl without sausage. So I threw some in at the last minute. All you vegetarians out there take note. Sausage is optional.
Here's the recipe. Read it and weep.

1 package cole slaw mix
1 can kidney beans + 1 can black beans
1 package of breakfast sausage cooked.
1 can of Ro*Tel
Mix
Add 6 fistfuls of crushed Fritos
Couch filling in Iceburg lettuce wraps
Munch a bunch
So what'll it be, Kate's sweet Fantasy Frito Candy or my savory Two Bean Lettuce Wraps?

14 comments:

Robin said...

Fantasy Frito Candy. :-)

Jean Bowden said...

Frito Candy!!!!

Kate said...

Fantasy Frito Candy!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Frito candy? When did candy become part of a snack competition, specifically around football? As an outside observer for a few months, you should have a cooking contest, not a snack and sports contest as you left snacks long ago.

Claudia @ Highlowaha said...

I'm allergic to beans and chocolate happens to be my favorite food group, so I'm going Frito Candy.

This is getting exciting!

Cheryl Houston said...

Ooh. I'll have the Frito wrap for my dinner and then Frito candy for dessert!

Two great choices!

Lauren said...

Kate's Fantasy Frito Candy!

Less hairy than Ray......Struble said...

Richard.....er...um....Ray. You have hairy arms as seen in the pictures. I bought a nice bulk spicy Italian sausage for your recipe. As for the candy, its creative.

Gennifer Davis said...

Fantasy Frito candy! I've tried it and it is delicious!!!!

Jean Bowden said...

I feel I must comment after reading the anonymous comment...this was supposed to be snacks we could all serve at a football game and I always have some kind of candy around..whether it be M&M's or something like that. I think that all of the foods offered in every week were themed that way. I applaud the participants creativity to come up with food that could be put on trays and served up to hungry football fans...
Candy using Fritos...YUM! I have actually tried it and have to give kudos to Kate for offering it as her entry.
This is after all a SUPERBOWL Snack Throwdown! Let the game begin!!!!

Kristin {Sea Cow Circus} said...

Frito Candy!

Marti said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kate's Siser said...

I love the chocolate on Super Bowl! Go Frito Candy!!!

Heather said...

Anonymous I typically try to take the higher road but I must say that our contestants both Kate and Lauren did a FABULOUS and notable job this season offering AMAZING recipes. As you said you were an outside observer so until you provide an alternative suggestion to Kate's absolutely delicious looking Frito Candy and do the cooking/photographing/posting for 18 weeks then I don't know that you have the right to be so critical.
And just a reminder this contest was a SNACK throwdown not a "cooking contest" and how are either of these not appropriate snacks for a football game.

I'd love to read YOUR frito snack recipe!!!