Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Belt It Out

What kind of blog would Highlowaha be if we dedicated an entire day of our Anniversary Week to "lows?"

Heather, Cheryl, and I understand that lows are a fact of life. We get the whole what-goes-up-must-come-down, silver lining, darkest-before-the-dawn thing. Still, when brainstorming how to spend Anniversary Week, the three of us never got comfortable with showcasing "lows."

On January 22, Kat, saved the day. This loyal reader suggested that a competition between me, Cheryl, and Heather would be a fun addition to our Anniversary Week celebration.

Today's competition is titled, How "Lowe" Can We Go? It allows us to revisit November's Cookie Cutter Challenge when I created a Writer's Toolkit in order to showcase the screwdriver cookie cutter.

Each of us was given one $0.77 tool belt from Lowe's Hardware Store. Our challenge was to create a tool belt using the theme, "Shine" - something we think this blog knows a little something about. Before we get to the pictures, some important things for you to know.
  • First, each reader should vote in the poll below for the tool belt they like best.
  • Second, the reader who draws the most visitors to our comment section today will win the Shine tool belt voted #1.
  • Third, the other two tool belts will be given away as the week goes on.
  • Fourth, Heather, Cheryl, and I are competing for something shiny of our own. Get a glimpse of the picture at the end of today's post.
Shine #1
A little mascara and pretty feet are all a girl needs to conquer the world.
Shine #2
Rise and Shine
Start Your Day Off BRight!
Shine #3
Spread Shine
People who Shine let others know when they do!


Cast your vote in the poll below. Will it be Shine #1, Shine #2, or Shine #3?


Quizzes by Quibblo.com

Who will shine Brighton? Cheryl, Heather, or Claudia? Polls close at 10:00 CST.
Signing off until tomorrow...

15 comments:

Claudia @ Highlowaha said...

Good morning, everyone. Heather, Cheryl, and I had a good time doing this. Thanks for the idea, Kat!

Make sure to cast your vote and to get some of your friends to vote as well.

Kat said...

This is awesome! All three are really cute and well thought out. Thank YOU for taking my spur of the moment idea and running with it!

Cheryl Houston said...

It's quiet in here...

Good morning everyone.

Here is my take on the Lows. I think it's healthy that we acknowledge them but move on as quickly as possible. Or turn them into something better- like when we were stuck in the airport in KY. What a low! To be stuck in the airport all night but it's one of the best memories I have of last year. :)

Katie said...

I love the SHINE tool belts! I also love that Ray is sporting his tool belt today....nice touch!

Happy Tuesday, everyone!

lindsaymarie said...

these are all so cute... it was really hard to choose! have a good week, everyone! (who else is starting their week a day late? gotta love those presidents.)

Cheryl Houston said...

OH!

Happy Fat Tuesday!!!

Throw me some beads mister!!

Heather said...

I wish I was starting my week today...I feel like it should already be Thursday or Friday...yesterday was LONG!!!

Today is stacking up to be just as brutal...

Where are all the comments from your friends helping you win the toolbelt of your choice?

Robin said...

Happy Fat Tuesday! I even made my "fake" king cake I learned about here last year!

Love the belts!

Cheryl Houston said...

Robin! That is awesome!!

Peggy said...

Cute, cute stuff ladies!!

Sad to admit, as hard as I've tried in the past... my friends are like the 'sorry' people you get paired with when doing a 'group' class project.... the ones who don't follow through with their part and drop the ball at the end... they just don't get my interest in HLA.

Melanie said...

Cute tool belts you all! Adorable!

Claudia @ Highlowaha said...

Melanie... as in Melanie E.?

So good to hear from you! How is life going in your neck of the woods?

Drop in again soon. We miss you.

Cristine said...

Well done on the tool belts today ladies.
Sorry, I don't have anyone to comment today they're all out eating paczkis (pronounced poonche-key).
I'm thinking the only one who knows that word might be Peggy.

Peggy said...

Cristine, must be a Chicago 'thang'
.... I'm originally from Wisconsin... and Racine is the Danish Kringle Capital....more of the German/Danish kind of gal vs. the Polish....

Cristine said...

Peggy -
I agree with you as does the rest of my household. Kringles are far superior to the Polish doughnut. We are lucky to get O&H kringles from friends when they visit. Just last week we got a heart-shaped one for V-day.
Have a happy night everyone!
And go Evan Lysacek tonight (he's from Naperville)