A special thanks to our Cruise Director who took the time yesterday to share a story about her Aunt Cynthia. Following the post yesterday, in the comment section, some of you began to share stories of women in your life who had a tremendous impact on you. Today we want to hear from more of you about these women! We want to hear about the woman who you feel "takes the cake"....
Introducing the "Woman Who Takes the Cake" Award
This is a new award here at Highlowaha that we are introducing as part of Women's History month. In the same way that we will be using Wednesdays to introduce each of you to a woman who has creative impact on our lives, we'd like you to take this opportunity to introduce us to a woman in your life. This woman can be anyone who you feel has impacted you in such a way that you have benefited from your relationship with them. This impact can be evident in a number of aspects: a neighbor who organizes community watch program, the woman from church who organizes the weekly trip to the soup kitchen, the friend who does a great job of balancing the roles of mom and a working woman, and many other examples of women you interact with each day. The important part is that you feel she "takes the cake" in whatever it is that you admire about her!
Here are the specific details that you need to know:
- Choose a woman whom you would like to honor for "taking the cake"
- Email a 200 word or less nomination of this woman including a photograph and the reasons you feel she "takes the cake" to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit this nomination by Wednesday, March 18 at 5 pm
- Then, we will choose the top 3 women that we feel "take the cake" based on your nominations
- On Friday, March 20, we will post the photos and nominations of the 3 women. At this time, the Highlowaha community will vote and choose the winner of the first annual Woman Who Takes the Cake Award.
- The woman chosen by our community as the winner of this award will have a cake delivered to her as recognition of the impact she is making in the lives of others.
Recipe Book: Thanks to Tera's generosity with her time we are pulling together the first highlowaha cookbook, but we need your help. Please send Tera all of your fabulous creative recipes for inclusion. The deadline to submit is March 18 so we have time to roll out for Mother's Day. Send them to Tera Johnson 2590 N. Moreland, Apt E22, Shaker Heights, OH, 44120 or email it to Tera at email@example.com.
Signing off until tomorrow...