If you were around last week then you remember us announcing that today begins March Madness... Highlowaha style. Basketballs are replaced by bright ideas, uniforms are replaced by uniqueness, and three pointers pale in comparison to our slam dunk creativity. The biggest similarity... fierce competitiveness. Who will win... Iowa, Florida, Kentucky, California, Ohio, Wisconsin, Arizona, or Texas?
Over the next three weeks women from these eight teams will put their most creative ideas, products, websites, resources, recipes, and more on center court. While each team has a winning line-up of ideas, they are only allowed to present one star idea at a time. We, the spectators, then get to vote on that day's M.V.P... or as the case may be, M.V.I. The team with the winning idea then advances to the next round of play. So it goes until Monday, March 30 when we face off for the championship game.
If there are no other questions... let's get ready to Ruuuuuuuuumble ! Today's face-off: Iowa's Big Idea Babes versus Florida's Team Princess.
Ready to Read Bag
Encourage children to read and present the homemade Ready to Read Bags as birthday gifts. Items to Include:
- Canvas bag for going to the library – personalize with child’s name.
- Flashlight for reading under the covers!
- I Can Read With My Eyes Shut by Dr. Seuss or a frame with the following quote…“The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.”
- Kid’s journal for writing down names of favorite books or authors.
- Decorative pen or pencil to encourage future authors.
****** OR ******
Snuggle up and stay warm with this great new invention from 2008: https://www.getsnuggie.com/flare/next
How to Vote:
Vote for the idea you consider most winning by simply making a post in today's comment section, indicating either "Books" or "Blanket." Votes must be cast by 7:00 p.m. CST.
- And number 18 is... Good news. It takes more to motivate you than sheer money. Bad news. I only have 17 postcards in my 2009 RAK box. The next postcard received in my mailbox will be the recipient of the last $25.00 Target gift card. Now don't blow me off thinking someone in the neighborhood is going to beat you to the punch. If everyone thought that, and you actually mailed yours, your winning postcard would make it to: 4012 Harvestwood Court, Grapevine, Texas, 76051 in plenty of time to be the winner!
- Thank you Melanie: One of our readers, Melanie, recently donated two tickets to the Broadway Show, Chitty Chitty, Bang, Bang for the Gift of #218. She is allowing us to either use the tickets to raise money for the Gift of #218 Fund or to give the tickets as a Gift of #218. This sort of generosity is exactly why we believe our small, but powerful group can make such a difference. Thank you, Melanie! Heather, Cheryl, Katie, and I meet on Thursday. We will let you know what we decide to do after we have a chance to talk.
Signing off until tomorrow...