Saturday, April 19, 2008

Stressed is Dessert Spelled Backwards...

In four and a half hours Matthew's guests will show up for his birthday party.  Needless to say we have lots of ground to cover and not a lot of time to straighten the house, grocery shop, set tables in the backyard, blow up beach balls, and countless other last minute tasks I am thinking about for the first time right this very minute... what will the adults drink?  I don't have the pool I need for one of the three games we are going to play; I calculated eight guests, but including Matthew there are a total of nine.  What will he drink out of (I only have 8 fun cups) and will he melt down without a goody box?...  As you can see, I've got a few things to tend to before people start ringing the doorbell.  I wasn't stressed, but the last minute push is beginning to take a toll.

So, what better way to manage being stressed than to talk about desserts.  They are, after all, exact opposites.

This is easy for me to do for a couple of reasons.  First, I LOVE dessert (I got my dad's sweet tooth) which exactly the reason I don't want to publicly post myself wearing a bathing suit. Second I spent last evening playing Bunco with a great group of women (in which Cheryl, Cassie, Toni, and Jessica were included - you all are jealous, I know).  While I didn't win anything... Biggest Winner; Most Buncos; Biggest Loser; ... or even the Biggest-Loser-who-at-least-gets-the door-prize I did walk away with a yummy new dessert recipe.  I hesitate even calling it a recipe, because there is absolutely no baking required.  It is - I think - a creative twist on some familiar ingredients.

Here it is... simple as one, two, three... (1) strawberries, (2) sour cream, and (3) brown sugar. Dip strawberries in sour cream and then roll in brown sugar.  It is better than any thing your imagination will conjour up.  How about making a deal with yourself to try it before the weekend is over.  If any of my other Bunco buddies are reading this, feel free to chime in and post a review my recommended dessert (which was compliments of our set-the-benchmark-high host, Cynthia).

Ok, signing off for the day.  If you check back sometime later tonight or even tomorrow, I might post pictures from Matthew's birthday party.

Signing off and Reaching for 5,000! 

No comments: